The new 2018 tax plan has changed the landscape for authors. There are new tax deductions only some authors will be able to take advantage of. Other deductions are going away or will be reduced. If you want to get up to speed on the latest tax advice for authors, this course is for you.
Many authors ignore the business side of writing. This is a mistake since they often get into trouble with the IRS or pay way more than their fair share in taxes.
When April 15 rolls around, you took this course!
About the Instructors
Thomas Umstattd Jr. has coached authors on marketing for ten years. During that time, some of the most common questions that have come up have been related to taxes, LLCs and all the business-related elements of being an author.
Thomas graduated Cum Laude from the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor with a degree in business. He started his first company while in college and he has started many businesses since then. He also consults with companies who are wanting to reduce costs and increase revenue.
Tom Umstattd, CPA has coached authors, celebrities and small businesses for over thirty five years. Other accountants frequenlty turn to him with their questions. He also happens to be Thomas’ dad.
In the course you will:
1. Learn whether or not you qualify for tax deductions for your writing-related expenses (not all writers qualify). You will also find out about the 9 factors the IRS uses to determine if someone is a professional author.
2. Receive an indie business plan template. Learn how to easily create a business plan for your independent publishing business.
3. Learn about a simple tool that will help you make more money as an author while helping make you become more audit-proof.
4. Learn how to start making a writing income even before your first book comes out. Making extra money helps you qualify for tax deductions!
5. Learn whether or not you need to form an LLC. We will also share a cheap and easy way to form an LLC when the time comes.
6. Learn about 19 different different tax deductions authors can take advantage of.
7. Learn how to reduce your chances of being audited by the IRS.
8. Learn how to avoid common mistakes that often get authors in trouble with the IRS.
How much will this cost?
People typically pay $150/hr for Tom’s tax advice. But Thomas pulled the “I’m your son” card and we are offering this 3 hour course for only $99. That is a $450 value!
100% Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident that this course will blow your socks off that we are offering a 100% money back guarantee. If you come and don’t learn anything or don’t enjoy it, we will refund your money. No hard feelings.
Tom has been in public accounting since 1980 when he received a B.B.A. in accounting from the University of Texas at Austin. He became certified in 1983 and began his own accounting firm. His memberships include the American Institute of CPAs, Texas Society of CPAs, and Austin Chapter of TSCPA. Tom is president of VPCI, serves on several boards, and is a co-founder of the Austin Rhetoric Club. He is a committed believer and church member. He has been happily married to Ginger since 1979 and they have 5 children.