Do I need to be published to attend this conference?
The 2024 Novel Marketing Conference is for authors who either plan to launch their first book in 2024 or currently have a book for sale.
If you don’t have a book for sale and don’t plan to launch one in 2024, you may find a regular writers conference a better fit. If you want help with the publishing process and improving your craft, we recommend the Write to Publish conference.
Is this conference for novelists only?
Nonfiction, fiction, and children's authors are all welcome.
Is this conference for indie or traditional authors?
Both are welcome.
How will the writers groups be selected?
Our sorting hat will look at multiple factors like email list size, genre, website, and number of books published.
What are the hours of the conference?
- Friday: Breakfast Starts at 8:15am. The first session starts at 9:15am. The final session will conclude around 5pm.
- Saturday: Breakfast Starts at 8:30am. The first session starts at 9:30am. The conference will conclude by 5:30pm
Note: We are still finalizing details, and these times may be tweaked.
Why is this in January? No one hosts events in January.
We picked January for a few reasons:
- Flights and hotels are cheaper in January.
- Austin often has amazing weather in January.
- January is a great month for planning out the next year.
- There are fewer other conferences competing for attention.
Will there be recordings of the presentations?
No. This is a live, interactive, in-person experience. This kind of marketing revolution cannot be televised.
Is parking free?
Yes, there will be free parking at and around the Fickett Center.
What is the closest airport to the venue, and how far away is it?
The closest airport is Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS), and it's about a 20-minute drive away from the Fickett Center.
Will there be refunds if I can’t attend the conference?
No, but you can sell your ticket to another author if you can’t attend.