Learn how to build your own amazing author website even if you are not a techie person. You will also learn how to craft the kind of website your readers will love.
Students who have never built a website before discover that by the time they've completed this course, their own website is live on the internet. Sometimes they do it in a single day.
If you already have a website, you will learn how to take it to the next level making it the kind of site readers will share with others.
In part 1 you will learn:
- How to buy your own spot on the internet.
- How to set up a theme to make your website look amazing.
- How to use WordPress.
In part 2 you will learn:
- How to thrill your website visitors.
- 7 Secrets of Amazing Author Websites
- How to use your website to build your email list.
In part 3 you will learn:
- How to have an amazing webpage.
- How to get more traffic to your site.
- How to optimize your website to rank on Google.
- And much more!
- Step 1: How to Sign Up for Hosting (9:45)
- Step 2: How to Install the Divi Theme (10:01)
- Step 3: How to Launch Your Website (2:49)
- Step 4: WordPress Dashboard Tour (9:50)
- Step 5: WordPress Settings Tour (14:10)
- Step 6: Customize Your Header Menu in Divi
- Bonus: More Divi Tutorials
- Bonus: How to Build an Author Website in a Day (32:03)
- Introduction: Why Most Author Websites Fail (2:29)
- Visitor #1 Curious Cathy (3:37)
- Visitor #2 Book Buying Betty (4:15)
- Visitor #3 Reading Club Rhonda (2:13)
- Visitor #4 Impatient Irene (9:56)
- Visitor #5 Event Coordinator Evelyn (4:12)
- Visitor #6 FANtasia (2:41)
- Bonus: Where Get Answers to Your Website Questions
- The Five Best WordPress Plugins for Authors (16:32)
- Cyber Security (45:07)
- How Author Websites Irritate Readers (and what to do about it) (31:45)
- How to Improve Your Author Website with Carla Hoch (42:35)
- Six Things Readers are Looking for On Your Website (30:08)
- 7 Website Visitors Every Author Needs to Thrill (31:14)
- 7 Secrets of Amazing Author Websites (Classic) (97:00)
Hi, I'm Thomas Umstattd Jr.
I host the longest-running book marketing podcast in the world, Novel Marketing. I also host the Christian Publishing Show.
I used to run a web design agency that specialized in author websites.
Now I help authors all over the world build their platforms, sell more books, and change the world with writing worth talking about.
Over the last ten years, I've served as a:
- marketing director for a traditional publishing company.
- literary agent.
- indie author.
- podcast host.
I've learned what works and what doesn't, and I can help you build a website. It is a lot easier than you think, if you have someone to show you the way.