So you want to build a platform to promote your book?
Spoiler alert: it's not by trying to "out social media" the millions of writers already on social media.
- People who listen to podcasts are wealthy, educated, and influential. Most importantly, they read books.
- Podcasters are constantly on the hunt for interesting guests.
- You can find new audiences with every single podcast.
- 4 reasons that podcasters are desperate for new guests. Do you know the #1 thing podcasters are looking for in a guest? If you get this right, you almost can’t go wrong.
- 8 things you can do right now to boost your street cred with podcasters. You can do the first 2 of them in 5 minutes!
- 4 places to find the perfect podcasts for you.
- The 3 kinds of podcasts that you want to look for. Do you know how to tell instantly if a podcast would be interested in somebody who’s never been a guest anywhere?
- 2 free tools you can use to keep track of all the podcasts you pitch. This will save you hours of time, and could save you from making a costly blunder.
- How to make first contact with the podcast host. There’s a right way to do this and 1000 wrong ways. Get this right, the first time, every time. You even get a fill in the blanks template of exactly what to say when reaching out to a podcast host.
- How to create irresistible ideas for episodes. Do you know the one thing that every episode title must do?
- How to prepare for your podcast. You also get a printable pre-flight checklist of 23 tasks you should do before you go on a show.
- 13 things you can do to totally nail your interview. You won’t crush it every time. But every time you can do better—if you know what to work on.
- 8 things you should NEVER do. Get these wrong and you might as well hang up your hat. But they’re so easy to get right.
- 5 things to do to make your audio awesome. Do you know the perfect distance to stay from your microphone?
Once you take this course, you will know how to contact podcasters and feel confident going on their shows to talk about your message. You will learn techniques most podcast guests don’t know, techniques that took Thomas Umstattd Jr. over a decade of podcasting to learn and develop.
About Thomas Umstattd Jr.Thomas Umstattd Jr. started his first podcast in 2007 back when listeners still used iPods to listen. Since then, he has hosted half a dozen different podcasts, a drive time radio show, and been a guest on radio shows and podcasts all over the world. He is the guy other podcasters go to when they have questions.
Thomas currently hosts Novel Marketing and the Christian Publishing Show. He coaches authors on both sides of the microphone and has taught classes on podcasting in Europe and throughout the United States.
In this outstanding course, you will learn not only proven techniques for landing podcast invitations, but also best practices for purchasing basic podcasting equipment. I purchased the microphone and headset Thomas Umstattd suggested. When the host remarked at the superb quality of the podcast recording, I told her that I was using the equipment recommended by Mr. Umstattd! She was quite impressed!
- Dr. MaryAnn Diorio
Author, The Italian Chronicles
You don’t need to hire a PR firm for $3000 to get podcast interviews!
You just need to know the secrets of pitching podcast hosts yourself. And, once you start nailing interviews, podcasters will start reaching out to you to invite you on their shows.
With this course, you will be equipped to become a sought-after podcast guest who has access to thought leaders and readers alike.
If you are ready to get your book the attention it deserves, this course is for you.