So you want to build a platform to promote your book?
Congratulations! You’re right there with a hundred thousand other writers. Maybe a million.
How do you stand out above all the social media noise? How do you get noticed by the kind of people who buy books? People with money. People who read. People with influence.
Spoiler alert: it's not by trying to "out social media" the millions of writers already on social media.
There’s a simple way to get noticed…
Start doing guest appearances on podcasts.
The advantages are huge:
- People who listen to podcasts are wealthy, educated, and influential. Most importantly, they read books.
- Podcasters are constantly on the hunt for interesting guests.
- You can find new audiences with every single podcast.
But how do you do get yourself invited on podcasts? Isn’t that … like really hard?
No, it’s not hard, if you know what you’re doing. In this course, How to Get Booked as a Podcast Guest, you’ll learn everything you need to know.
About Thomas Umstattd Jr.
Thomas Umstattd Jr. started his first podcast in 2007 back when listeners still used iPods to listen. Since then, he has hosted half a dozen different podcasts, a drive-time radio show, and been a guest on radio shows and podcasts all over the world. He is the guy other podcasters go to when they have questions.
Thomas currently hosts Novel Marketing and the Christian Publishing Show. He coaches authors on both sides of the microphone and has taught classes on podcasting in Europe and throughout the United States.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- 4 reasons that podcasters are desperate for new guests. Do you know the #1 thing podcasters are looking for in a guest? If you get this right, you almost can’t go wrong.
- 8 things you can do right now to boost your street cred with podcasters. You can do the first 2 of them in 5 minutes!
- 4 places to find the perfect podcasts for you.
- The 3 kinds of podcasts that you want to look for. Do you know how to tell instantly if a podcast would be interested in somebody who’s never been a guest anywhere?
- 2 free tools you can use to keep track of all the podcasts you pitch. This will save you hours of time, and could save you from making a costly blunder.
- How to make first contact with the podcast host. There’s a right way to do this and 1000 wrong ways. Get this right, the first time, every time. You even get a fill in the blanks template of exactly what to say when reaching out to a podcast host.
- How to create irresistible ideas for episodes. Do you know the one thing that every episode title must do?
- How to prepare for your podcast. You also get a printable pre-flight checklist of 23 tasks you should do before you go on a show.
- 13 things you can do to totally nail your interview. You won’t crush it every time. But every time you can do better—if you know what to work on.
- 8 things you should NEVER do. Get these wrong and you might as well hang up your hat. But they’re so easy to get right.
- 5 things to do to make your audio awesome. Do you know the perfect distance to stay from your microphone?
Once you take this course, you will know how to contact podcasters and feel confident going on their shows to talk about your message. You will learn techniques most podcast guests don’t know, techniques that took Thomas Umstattd Jr. over a decade of podcasting to learn and develop.
It works! I got booked right away & invited to return.
"I signed up for How to Get Booked as a Podcast Guest, followed the instructions, and landed my first podcast interview very quickly.
I printed out the pre-flight checklist, followed the instructions, and did the interview. It went great and the host has already invited me back for a second interview! I highly recommend How to Get Booked as a Podcast Guest, it is so worth it."
- Carolyn Rice
Author of Loved by The Father: A Women's Bible Study and Journal Through John and 1st John
- How to Look Good on Video (37:03)
- How to Nail a Hostile Interview (32:40)
- Tools To Help Make Guesting Easier (6:01)
- How to Create a Press Kit (24:28)
- How You Can Create Massive PR for Yourself, Even If You’re A Complete Novice (33:48)
- How To Create A Lead Magnet (30:43)
- How to Create a Landing Page (23:10)
- How to Track Your Marketing (28:53)
- How to Run a Podcast Tour w/ Mary DeMuth (32:39)
- How to Create a Press Release (40:12)
- How to Conduct Your Own Media Tour (without hiring a PR Firm) With Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith (37:27)