Your Instructor: Thomas Umstattd Jr.
Thomas hosts the longest running book marketing podcast in the world, Novel Marketing. He also hosts the Christian Publishing Show.
He's helped thousands of authors build their platforms, sell more books, and change the world with writing worth talking about.
Over the last ten years, he's served as a:
- marketing director for a publishing company
- literary agent
- indie author
He's learned what works and what doesn't, and he can help you create a frenzy around your book.
What makes readers buy books?
Readers make their own choices.
As you learn how they choose books, you can learn how to influence readers to buy your book. You can't make anyone do anything. But, with a proper understanding of marketing psychology, you can dramatically boost your book sales.
What you will learn in this course is powerful. Please use it for good.
- Social Trigger #1 Urgency (10:50)
- Extra Credit: How to Create Urgency to Buy Your Book (31:32)
- Extra Credit: How Free Pulsing Can Help You Sell More Books with Jamie Foley (18:54)
- Extra Credit: How to Use Price Pulsing to Supercharge Your Backlist Sales (31:25)
- Extra Credit: How to Use Bookbub to Sell More Books (38:31)
- Social Trigger #2 Scarcity (12:40)
- Extra Credit: The Secret Power Behind Scarcity: Loss Aversion (31:54)
- Extra Credit: How to Use Scarcity & Ubiquity to Make Your Book Irresistible (32:51)
- Extra Credit: Piracy is Not Your Enemy (12:18)
- Extra Credit: Plagiarism, Copyright and Is Piracy Really a Problem for Authors (27:20)
- Social Trigger #3 Popularity (11:21)
- Extra Credit: How to Make Your Book More Popular (37:46)
- Extra Credit: How to Resonate with Readers (26:39)
- Extra Credit: How to Go From 10 to 10,000 Readers in Five Years (34:26)
- Extra Credit: How to Get More Book Reviews With Derek Doepker (37:19)
- Extra Credit: How to Get More Book Reviews with Jim Kukral (32:35)
- Extra Credit: How to Build Hype for a Debut Novel (41:52)
- Social Trigger #5 Authority (9:10)
- Extra Credit: How to Become a Big Name Author (36:27)
- Extra Credit: How to Get Endorsements for Your Book (44:31)
- Extra Credit: How to Look and Sound Professional on Webinars, Podcasts, and Video Calls (37:03)
- Extra Credit: How to Work With Fellow Authors To Sell More Books (39:27)
- Extra Credit: How to Get More 5-Star Reviews With Beta Readers, Editors, and Launch Teams (35:27)
Example Image with Text
Use this Image with Text block to balance out your text content with a complementary visual to strengthen messaging and help your students connect with your product, course, or coaching. You can introduce yourself with a profile picture and author bio, showcase a student testimonial with their smiling face, or highlight an experience with a screenshot.
Marketing Psychology for Authors is included in the following courses.
Enrolling in any of these courses comes with a free copy of Marketing Psychology for Authors.